Here's my updated list. The goal again is to read 50 new books in 2008. It's only 1/6 of the way through the year and I have already read ten, not counting official textbooks, so I may just make it to sixty if I play my cards right.
The tenth in the list actually is a textbook (on culinary techniques), but I decided that I am still going to count it since I am not actually reading it for any of my classwork.
1) Patricia Cornwell - Trace
2) Brian Greene - The Fabric of the Cosmos
3) Steven Pinker - The Blank Slate: The Denial of Human Nature
4) George Orwell - Animal Farm
5) Robert Greene -The Art of Seduction
6) Richard Dawkins - The Ancestors' Tale
7) Ayaan Hirsi Ali - Infidel
8) Bertrand Russell - Why I am Not a Christian
9) Daniel Dennett - Breaking the Spell
10) The Professional Chef, 8th Edition (Culinary Institute of America)