Tuesday, February 5, 2008

50 Books in 2008

Here's my updated list. The goal again is to read 50 new books in 2008. It's only 1/6 of the way through the year and I have already read ten, not counting official textbooks, so I may just make it to sixty if I play my cards right.

The tenth in the list actually is a textbook (on culinary techniques), but I decided that I am still going to count it since I am not actually reading it for any of my classwork.

1) Patricia Cornwell - Trace
2) Brian Greene - The Fabric of the Cosmos
3) Steven Pinker - The Blank Slate: The Denial of Human Nature
4) George Orwell - Animal Farm
5) Robert Greene -The Art of Seduction
6) Richard Dawkins - The Ancestors' Tale
7) Ayaan Hirsi Ali - Infidel
8) Bertrand Russell - Why I am Not a Christian
9) Daniel Dennett - Breaking the Spell
10) The Professional Chef, 8th Edition (Culinary Institute of America)

1 comment:

yenney said...

so I don't know if you will even get this. But I wanted to thank you for your voice of reason in the debate on is the bible inspired by god. I was 26 years embedded in the JW faith and could tell from the first paragraph you were debating one. I went 26 years of brainwashing and mind numbing faith. Then I spent 10 of those years cursing and wondering if god exists. If he does he's a sadistic bastard. Anyway. Thank you for your voice of reason. I am on the path of clear thinking now and don't believe there is a God. But you seem to have a great wealth of resources and knowledge and I would love to pick your brain and learn more. Though it seems you haven't posted for some time. I enjoyed the banter and debate even though I just stumbled upon it. Thank you again for being a source of clear thinking.

yenney